Wednesday, October 22, 2008

the skinny on my internet situation

I still do not have internet in my apartment, which is the only thing causing me any grievance at this moment. My rent includes internet, and it is supposed to be super-easy to use, but so far, I have only met a wall of non-cooperation. For now, my internet is reduced to my use of the computer at work, and that means no Skype for me. I am hoping to have this rememedied by next week, but I must rely on the availability of the Japanese teacher to explain the (Japanese) instructions to me. William (the previous teacher) thinks it is broken somehow, so he couldn't show me how to use it or what to do to get it fixed. I think it requires making a phone call to Leo Palace, and I'm not sure if I can do that on my own, given my extremely limited command of Japanese.

I can't promise it will be up and running by next week, but I'm hopeful. It is a challenge I am willing to face, and I will be victorious! Until then, I'll do what I can with what I have.

No comments: