Wednesday, October 22, 2008

rewind: I sing the praises of Vancouver.

I. A haiku about Vancouver.

Ahem. Cue beat music.
Vancouver, mountains,beautiful; snow-white, snow-cold,but go there you should.

Thank you.

II. Genna's camera captures Vancouver.





(proof that we were in Vancouver! ladies, hope it's alright that I'm posting this!)

III. Food I ate in Vancouver.

Ah, Canada, the land of candy that Americans have never heard of and could only dream about. Behold the glory that is the Crunchie bar. Witness the wonders of the hazelnut filling. Puzzle at the complexity of icewine chocolates. Melt in the divinity of maple sugar candy. Wonder at the joy of Turkish Delight wrapped in chocolate.

Translation: I consumed mass quantities of candy while in Vancouver. I probably ate my weight in Crunchie bars, because sponge toffee is the best invention in the history of the world. And, yes, there was actual Turkish Delight, which I now love more than ever. I don't think I was too far off from it when I tried my hand at it, I just think I got the timing wrong with the cooking. Oh, well, I'll try it again someday. Maybe I'll even get to Turkey some day and have some of the real McCoy!

Had also some unappetizing Chinese food (sorry, Sarah, maybe I should have had the chicken BALLS!), a Subway sandwich, a delectable BLT, delicious lobster rolls, french fries with mayonnaise (a Canadian favorite), and a gyro. Or two. But it had nothing to do with the falafel guy. Nothing at all. Really.


IV. In transit to Japan.


The Vancouver airport is the nicest airport I've been to. It has dioramas inside it. It's like taking a trip to a freaking museum. It is the awesome. In fact, Vancouver is TEH AWESOME. Srsly.

1 comment:

Daryn147 said...

Hey Sara! it's great to read you and Sarah's blogs! It's nice to know what you're experiencing and comparing it to my own. Did you capture all the pictures of Vancouver on your computer? There is a picture of Vancouver and you ladies that I took at night and I'd really like to have it if possible. Please let me know! :-)

-D