Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sara-sensei in Japan.

Alright, so I'm already in Japan. But I have two whole weeks to catch up on . . . most of it food-related.

Who am I? I'm Sara-sensei, and I teach English at a GEOS school in Isesaki, Gunma-ken. Which is in Japan. In addition to being an English teacher, I am also a writer, a Sims 2 addict, and a lover of food, especially Japanese food. So, when I say I'm here for the food, it's only partially true. I'm also here for the English.

What can you expect to see in this blog? First, you can expect to see some posts from events of the past two weeks. Second, you can expect to see LOTS of posts about food. Some of it I'll be making myself, and all of it I will be personally eating. Third, you can expect assorted posts about my life here in Isesaki and how much I love it here. Fourth, you can expect pictures. Yes, this is a multi-media event. Don't get carried away now.

Why am I writing this blog? Because I am full of words, and they have to come out somehow. And, for some reason, the computer at work won't load MySpace, and I can't post my blogs there. I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms.

So, sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip, except this one starts with a long flight across a big ocean and a girl who has always wanted to see more of the world.

3 comments:

Ramona said...

I'm new at this, I just posted a comment letting you know how excited we are to hear from you. Take care of yourself and I will keep mom very busy.

Ramona

Sarah In Japan said...

Hey Sara! Love your blog!! You have a very smooth way of writing that is also VERY entertaining!! I hope everything continues to go well!! TAKE CARE and have a GREAT time! I can't wait to see the next post! =D

Anonymous said...

Hey!! Awesomness becomes you! I'm glad you are having a blast...now, when can we Skype??