Tuesday, March 3, 2009

slightly belated February Kit-Kats update

And now, for your gastronomical pleasure, I present to you my February haul of Kit-Kats.

It's an anko sandwich. This, in and of itself, is an awesome thing. Put it into Kit-Kat form, and it becomes awesome incarnate. It's a special edition thing, and one of my students saw it and thought of me. Again, this touches me deeply. I know that, no matter how short a time I've had with them, my students will at least remember that I was that crazy foreigner chick obsessed with Kit-Kats. I am completely satisfied by this.

Was it for Valentine's Day, or was it one of the many "congratulatory" themed products that were available in February? Lots of exams and tests are taken in February, and there were a lot of sakura-decorated confections that offered congratulations on passing them. Benni-sensei took a glance at this and suggested it might be for that reason, but considering the GIANT HEART motif that's going on, I think perhaps it was a Valentine's Day thing.
Either way, it was lemon-flavored and yummy.

It was also yellow, making it another Kit-Kat with an interesting color scheme.

And here's a pair of random Kit-Kats I found while standing about in the 7-11. I almost missed them, because they were stuck up in the corner of a shelf, and they're rather small. The one on the left is Maccha Tiramisu (that is, Green Tea Powder Tiramisu) and regular Tiramisu. I'm not making this stuff up, folks.

I ate the Maccha Tiramisu first because I had my doubts about it tasting like any kind of good. One point in its favor: it's green. Tinted Kit-Kats might not taste better, but they look way cooler than the average candy. Also, it tasted pretty good, much better than I thought it would. The Maccha kinda tempered the near-overpowering flavor of the espresso.

Speaking of near-overpowering flavors of espresso, guess which Kit-Kat wasn't all that great? Yeah, the Tiramisu one. Not as bad as the black sugar one, but still, it doesn't rate high with me.

And lastly, I offer you Kit-Kats that can be mailed to people. Appropriately packaged, no less. I believe it's another of those "congratulatory" things, considering it's sakura-decorated but not sakura-flavored. I haven't bought "normal"-flavored Kit-Kats in a while, and I bought these only because of the box.

Of course, I ate the Kit-Kats, and it's probably not surprising that I prefer the flavored ones now.

1 comment:

Sarah In Japan said...

Somehow I'm living in the dark in Hamamatsu! How on Earth do you get all these interesting flavors to try and I'm stuck with blueberry most of the time?

So who are you going to mail yours to? Will they make it back to the States, do you think?

Thanks for the comments!! I actually wanted to call her something a little more rude since I forgot that riding a bike means having extreme pressure put on your tail bone, lol, but I refrained. That doesn't stop me from telling people about it though! =D