Tuesday, April 7, 2009

a very fast update

I do not have internet at home yet, which is the biggest and most disturbing news I have right now. I have blogs prepared for all of the awesome and/or irritating things that have happened to me in the past week but no way to post them. The only reason I'm able to post now is because my new manager is away at head office for a meeting, because most of the time, she's sitting here in the office and monopolizing the computer. Which is part of her job, so I understand.

I will try to post again on Saturday morning, because that's about the only time I have the office to myself - I have to come in at ten-flipping-am for a full day of classes. It's so early that nobody else is here yet. I should have time to quickly post any blogs I have prepped. So, check back here on Saturday.

As for how things are going: pretty good. The Moriya school is very nice - very new and very big. My apartment is the complete opposite and is as far from impressive as is possible. The only nice thing I can say about it is that today I found a little grocery near the station, so I will no longer have to survive on combini food. I really wish I lived in Moriya and not Shin-Matsudo, eevn though Shni-Matsudo is more convienent to Tokyo and Kumagaya and possibly even Gunma itself.

But it's not been all bad. My social life remains mostly intact. I went to Kumagaya for gaming, with the added bonus of a brief visit to a sakura festival (which I must blog about, if only because sakura plays sucha large part in Japanese culture). On Monday, I went into Tokyo to meet some people and do more sakura viewing. This was enjoyable, because it mainly involved wondering about and drinking.

And now I must get back to work. Will post more soon, possibly with pictures!

No comments: