Sunday, February 22, 2009

philosophical addendum

I guess the major problem I'm having with this move to Ito Yokado is that I don't want to be taken advantage of by my company. Why is that so wrong?

I understand well and good that a corporation will do what it has to in order to survive - but why should I give up my happiness and my integrity for it? Especially when said company has shown no concern for me personally? Why are people expected to take all the crap their company shovels out to them and eat it with smiles on their faces? Why do we have to settle for doing something we don't like simply because "it's our job?" Am I just some kind of idiot who thinks you should do only what makes you happy?

Look, I know life is hard, and sometimes, you've got to take the bad with the good. But, honestly, why would I lay down and let this company walk all over me? Why shouldn't I fight for what I want? Why shouldn't I try to do what's best for me? Why shouldn't I enjoy my job?

What makes it worse is that I have been enjoying my job. I LOVE my job as it is right now. Shouldn't I fight to keep it? Shouldn't I try to hold on to it? Is that wrong?

All I want is to be happy. Is that too much to ask?

2 comments:

Nick said...

you need a vacation :(

Sara said...

totally. going to take one the weekend of March 21st (taking that day off to make it 4 days), just haven't decided what I want to do.