Thursday, November 20, 2008

and it only took six weeks!

I finally have internet at home! Yay!

It turns out that my tuner was fried and needed to be replaced. So, now the problem is solved and I can once again get online. Time to fire up Skype!

Today was a very good day. I only have three classes on Thursday (but only two students; one of them stays for two classes), and they're both private students and very fun, so I typically have good Thursdays. I decided to go to the 100 yen store to get some things for tomorrow's class, and I ended up riding around and taking pictures of random things. Overnight, trees started to change colors - I swear, last week everything was still green. Riding around with Benni-sensei yesterday, I noticed that there were many more colors bursting into the sky. It helped that yesterday and today were both very clear, very beautiful (and very cold) days. Even though it was pretty windy, I had a very nice ride around my little corner of Isesaki.

I thought it was a beautiful house, so I took a picture of it. It's shiny. And very peaceful-looking.

Pretty yellow trees! The whole street was lined with the trees, which Benni-sensei says are possibly maples. I have no idea, so that works for me.

Those trees are in a park very close to my school.


On the way to school. Last week, a crew came along and trimmed all the trees on one side of the street; the other side was left alone. I have no idea why and no one can explain it to me.


The Spaghetti House. I thought it made a nice picture.


My neighbor's yard. He's an elderly man, and he seems to spend a lot of time working on it. I see him every once in a while when I leave for work.

No comments: